“The best way to predict the future is to create it"
- Peter Drucker -
5. J. A. Faria A., B. Gómez-Monedero and M. P. Ruiz, “Challenges and Opportunities of Lignin Reductive Catalytic Depolymerization in the Bioethanol Refinery”, 2019, ISBN-13: 978-1-53614-770-4, Nova Science Publishers, New York.
4. J. A. Faria A., M. P. Ruiz, “Climate Change Mitigation: Greenhouse Gas Reduction and Biochemicals”, 2015, ISBN-13: 978-1771882422, Apple Academic Press, UK.
3. J. A. Faria A., M. P. Ruiz, “Solid Waste as a Renewable Resource: Methodologies”, 2015, ISBN-13: 978-1771882439, Apple Academic Press, UK.
2. J. C. Serrano-Ruiz, M;. P. Ruiz, J. Faria, “An introduction to Green chemistry methods”, 2013, ISBN: 978-1-909453-11-1. Editors: R. Luque and J. C. Colmenares, Future Science Ltd, UK.
1. D.E. Resasco, J. Faria, S. Sitthisa, T. Prasomsri, M.P. Ruiz. “Furfurals as chemical platform for biofuel production”, in “Heterogeneous catalysis in biomass to chemicals and fuels”, 2011, ISBN: 978-81-308-0462-0, Editors: David Kubička and Iva Kubičkova, Research Signpost, Kerala, India.
19. Beatriz Gómez-Monedero, M. Pilar Ruiz, Fernando Bimbela, Jimmy Faria*, "Selective depolymerization of industrial lignin-containing stillage obtained from cellulosic bioethanol processing", Fuel Process. Technol., 173 (2018) 165.
18. B. Gómez-Monedero, M. P. Ruiz, J. Faria, “Catalytic hydroprocessing of lignin β-O-4 ether bond model compound phenethyl phenyl ether over ruthenium catalysts”, Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery, 7, 3 (2017) 385.
16. B. Gómez-Monedero, M. P. Ruiz, J. Faria*, “Selective Hydrogenolysis of a-O-4, b-O-4, 4-O-5 C-O Bonds of Lignin-Model Compounds and Lignin-containing Stillage Derived from Cellulosic Bioethanol Processing”, Appl. Catal., A, 541 (2017) 60.
15. T. N. Pham, Z. Lu, D. Shi, M. R. Komarneni, M. P. Ruiz, J. Faria* and D. E. Resasco “Fine-Tuning the Acid-Base Properties of Boron-Doped Magnesium Oxide Catalyst for Selective Aldol-Condensation”, ChemCatChem 8 (2016) 3611.
14. L. Zhang, T. N. Pham, J. Faria†, D. Santhanaraj, T. Sooknoi, Q. Tan, Z. Zhao, and D. E. Resasco “Synthesis of C4 and C8 Chemicals from Ethanol on MgO Incorporated Faujasite Catalysts with Balanced Confinement Effects and Basicity” ChemSusChem, 10.1002/cssc.201501518 (2016).
11. Zhang, T. N. Pham, J. Faria†, and D. E. Resasco “Improving the selectivity to C4 products in the aldol condensation of acetaldehyde in ethanol over faujasite zeolites”, Applied Catalysis A: General 504 (2014) 119.
9. D. Shi, J. Faria†, A. A. Rownaghi, R. L. Huhnke, and D. E. Resasco “Fischer–Tropsch Synthesis Catalyzed by Solid Nanoparticles at the Water/Oil Interface in an Emulsion System”, Energy & Fuels 27 (2013), 10.
8. M.T. Jimaré, F. Cazaña, A. Ramirez, C. Royo, E. Romeo, J. Faria, D. Resasco and A. Monzón “Modeling experimental vanillin hydrodeoxygenation reactions in water/oil emulsions. Efects of mass transport”, Catalysis Today 210 (2013), 89.
7. S. Drexler, J. Faria, M.P. Ruiz, J. Harwell, and D.E. Resasco. “Amphiphilic nanohybrids catalysts for reactions at the water/oil interface in subsurface reservoirs”, Energy & Fuels, 26 (2012) 2231.
6. P. Zapata@, J. Faria@, M.P. Ruiz and D.E. Resasco “Hydrophobic Zeolites for Biofuel Upgrading Reactions at the Liquid–Liquid Interface in Water/Oil Emulsions”, Journal of American Chemical Society 134 (2012) 8570.
5. J. Baez, M. P. Ruiz, J. A. Faria, J. Harwell, B. Shiau, D. E. Resasco. “Stabilization of interfacially-active-nanohybrids/polymer suspensions and transport through porous media” Proceedings - SPE Symposium on Improved Oil Recovery 1 (2012), 766.
3. P. Zapata, J. Faria, M. P. Ruiz, D.E. Resasco. “Condensation/hydrogenation of biomass-derived oxygenates in water/oil emulsions stabilized by nanohybrid catalysts”, Topic in Catalysis 55 (2011), 38.
20. Zheng Zhao, Lu Zhang, Qiaohua Tan, Feifei Yang, Jimmy Faria, Daniel Resasco, "Synergistic bimetallic Ru–Pt catalysts for the low‐temperature aqueous phase reforming of ethanol", AIChE Journal (2018), 10.1002/aic.16430.
21. Manuel Antonio Díaz-Pérez, Javier Moya, Juan Carlos Serrano-Ruiz , and Jimmy Faria*, "Interplay of Support Chemistry and Reaction Conditions on Copper Catalyzed Methanol Steam Reforming", Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 57, 45 (2018), 15268. 10.1021/acs.iecr.8b02488.
7. J. A. Faria*, M.P. Ruiz, B. Gómez, M. Lecea, “A catalytic process for the depolymerization of lignin”, Spanish Patent Office (Spanish Patent Application Number P201630455). 2015.
6. J. A. Faria*, M.P. Ruiz, D.E. Resasco, T. N. Pham, M. R. Komarneni, D. S. Bakiaraj, “Process of obtainment of an unsaturated acid”, Spanish Patent Office (Spanish Patent Application Number P201531162). 2015.
5. D.E. Resasco, J. A. Faria†, M.P. Ruiz, “Catalytic conversion of carbohydrates to diketones and hydroxyacids”, Spanish Patent Office (Spanish Patent Application Number P201431785). 2014.
4. D.E. Resasco, T. N. Pham, Zhang L., J. A. Faria†, M.P. Ruiz, “Microporous catalyst with selective encapsulation of metal oxides useful for producing butadiene precursors”, ES application number P201431595 and US application number 62/072,574. 2014.
3. D.E. Resasco, T. N. Pham, Zhang L., J. A. Faria†, M.P. Ruiz, “Mixed oxides comprising magnesium and boron, and their use as catalysts for producing butadiene precursors”, ES application number P201431594 and US application number 62/072,538. 2014.
2. J. A. Faria, J. M. Nelson, U. P. Paul, D. K. Smith, “Catalysts for renewable hydrogen production from oxygenated feedstocks”. PTC/US2013/068380. 2012.
1. D.E. Resasco, S. Drexler, J. Harwell, B. Shiau, M. Kadhum, J. Faria, M.P. Ruiz. “Method and Foam composition for recovering hydrocarbons from a subterranean reservoir”. US 20150175876 A1. 2011.
22. Daniel Goma,Juan José Delgado, Leon Lefferts, Jimmy Faria, José Juan Calvino, and Miguel Ángel Cauqui*, "Catalytic Performance of Ni/CeO2/X-ZrO2 (X = Ca, Y) Catalysts in the Aqueous-Phase Reforming of Methanol", Nanomaterials, 9, 11, (2019) 1582, 10.3390/nano9111582